If you find mold in your Nebraska home, the first thing to do is don’t panic! We are all exposed to mold every day, the important thing to consider is what types of mold and at what concentrations.
Following these basic steps when you find mold in your home can help you avoid bigger problems later.
- Evaluate how much mold is present.
- Determine if the area of concern is wet or is exposed to chronic water intrusion. If it’s wet, determine the source of water.
- Consider containing the suspect mold from the rest of your living environment.
- Determine if anybody in the home is exhibiting signs of mold exposure.
- Evaluate the need to contact a mold remediation professional.
- Consider if it is a project that you can tackle on your own.
The best recommendation would be to leave the area “as-is” and have a professional come out and evaluate it for you. Odds are that it’s nothing to worry about but you should avoid making the problem worse by disturbing the materials.
If you would like an assessment and inspection of the mold found in your home, call DryHero in Lincoln at 402-438-2379 or in Omaha at 402-592-4376. As our schedule allows, DryHero provides FREE mold evaluations and estimates to Lincoln and Omaha residents.